Safety Tips for Driving at Night
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, accidents are three times more likely to occur at night compared with the daytime. Some factors such as reduced visibility, glare from too-bright lights, drowsiness, etc., can add to the challenge of driving at night. However, there are many ways to reduce your risk of night-time crashes. Keep reading this blog by the Lamborghini Palm Beach dealership in West Palm Beach, FL, to learn more about safety tips for driving at night.
Read more: Best hiking trails near WPB in South Florida
Read more: How to Avoid a Car Accident ?
What Can You Do to Drive Safely at Night?
- Do not continue driving if you are feeling exhausted or drowsy. Drowsy driving accidents are most likely to occur at night as this is when the body should be at rest. If you are fighting sleep while driving, it would be wise to pull over your car in a safe spot and take a small break to re-energize yourself.
- Stick to the speed limit always. During the night, your reaction time is slower because of exhaustion. So, it is better not to put yourself in riskier road scenarios by over speeding.
- Clean headlights and windshields are a must while driving at night. Dirty or damaged windshields can scatter light and maximize glare’s effects. It can decrease your visibility and cast glare onto oncoming drivers.
- Use your high beams for low-light situations as it can seriously boost your safety while driving at night. It should be used when driving in very dark, low-visibility areas with low traffic.
- Remain alert on the road and watch out for animals. Most accidents involving animals, especially deer, happen at night.
Next time, when you are planning your next big night adventure, do keep these tips in mind to ensure a safe ride.
If you are in the market for a luxury car with unique features, please visit us at the Lamborghini Palm Beach dealership in West Palm Beach, FL, and explore our inventory. You will surely fall in love with our collection.