What are some lesser known statistics of the Lamborghini Urus?
Every vehicle that Lamborghini has manufactured has become an icon. Right from the first vehicle, they manufactured to the latest Urus Super SUV, every Lamborghini imbibes the charismatic character of the brand. There are some vehicles in their stable that inherit every single annotation of the brand’s philosophy, and one of them is the Lamborghini Urus. An ostentatious SUV by all means, the Urus carries the sharp lines and unapologetic performance of a Lamborghini while offering an SUV experience at the same time. As Lamborghini celebrates its successful fourth year, the Urus is already a legend in the eyes of every automotive enthusiast. What are some lesser-known statistics of the Lamborghini Urus? Well, we at Lamborghini Palm Beach have broken all this information down in this article for your perusal.
The Lamborghini Urus is powered by a 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged V-8 engine that produces a staggering 641 horsepower and 626 pound-feet of torque. The engine is mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission and the power is sent to all the four wheels through the standard all-wheel-drive system. Looking to upgrade to the new 2021 Lamborghini Urus? Contact us today to experience the vehicle in person.
[ Know more: Know more about the 2021 Lamborghini Huracan STO’s Interior ]
Interesting Facts about the Lamborghini Urus
- Turnover grew year on year, with 40% growth from €1,009 million to €1,415 million in 2018, the year sales of the car began, reaching a peak of €1.81 billion in 2019 and €1.61 billion in 2020 (COVID period): the year of record profitability for the company.
- The overall growth in global sales is even more exceptional, reaching the record of 8,205 Lamborghini units delivered to clients (+43%) in 2019: double the volumes achieved in the period before the arrival of the Urus. From 2018 to the end of 2021, a total of 16,000 Urus cars were delivered worldwide, a figure that established the Lamborghini Super SUV as the best-selling model over four years in the company’s history.
- The Urus is sold in every corner of five continents, with 85% of clients being new to the marque.
- The Urus project has also led to the doubling of the Sant’Agata Bolognese production site, which grew from 80,000 to 160,000 m2, with the creation of a new facility and paint shop, as well as the new finishing department, new office building, test track, new logistics warehouse, a second trigeneration plant and an energy hub. To support this period of transformation, the company also made significant investments in human capital, hiring over 700 personnel in just over four years on permanent contracts.
- In March 2021, the Lamborghini Super SUV set a speed record on ice during the Days of Speed event, with a top speed of 298 km/h and an average speed from a standing start of 114 km/h over 1000 meters in Lake Baikal, Russia.
- In 2021, the Urus reached the highest motorable road in the world at the top of the Umling La Pass in the Himalayan part of India in the Jammu and Kashmir region, more than 5800 meters above sea level, reaching even higher than the Mount Everest base camp.
Push the limits with a new 2021 Lamborghini Urus from Lamborghini Palm Beach in West Palm Beach, Florida
There is no other vehicle that can give you as much versatility, power, and comfort as the Lamborghini Urus. Check out our online collection of new and certified pre-owned Lamborghini Urus models. You can also contact us to schedule a test drive at your preferred time slot.